They Left Their Mark In Oakford, 1872

Maltby Harness Shop
Page 27

This picture was probably taken during the days of early photography. In those days there was a solid stairway between Sutton Building and Maltby. In early years before the church was moved to town. Mrs. Moore and Doctor Whitley held Sunday School classes and church was held there by both Methodist and Baptist. At one time, the upstairs of Maltby's store was used as a roller skating rink while another time Clemna, his daughter, had a hat shop there. Later Maltby built an annex for her hat shop until they left for the West. Standing from left to right are: Robert Dick, Becas (Livestock Trader), Unknown, Jessie Maltby, Henry Baker, Stone boy. Sitting from left to right are: Lige Pratt and Pleasy Thomas.

Next
Previous

Index

Copyright 2007 Jeanie Lowe & contributors
All rights reserved
Illinois Ancestors

Home