Oakford School ---1879--Early 1900s
Prior to the founding of Oakford in 1872 the community school house was l
located a quarter mile southwest of the present town of Oakford, near the location
of Deer Lick Tavern. In 1879-1880 the residents of Oakford erected the above
two-story structure which served as the place of learning until shortly after 1900.
Two more rooms were then added, and two years of high school was introduced.
Copyright © 2007 Jeanie Lowe & contributors
All rights reserved