They Left Their Mark In Oakford, 1872

Weaver Hotel
Page 46

Weaver Hotel Pointer Card

During the year 1925, Dan Weaver became the new proprietor of the Oakford Hotel, Previously operated by James Hall, Albert Dick, and Hugh Watkins. The rooms of the old hotel in early years were occupied by traveling men who couldn't make train connections in taking orders from the Oakford merchants. Above is an old card placed on the dressers of the different rooms.

Next
Previous

Index

Copyright 2007 Jeanie Lowe & contributors
All rights reserved
Illinois Ancestors

Home