They Left Their Mark In Oakford, 1872

Oakford in 1956
Page 50

The above picture taken in 1956 shows what old Oakford looked like. Left to right; (Sutton building, Geo. Vaughn restaurant) (Maltby building. Paul Lutes Tavern);( Maltby Annex, Beokers store annex);(Kendall building, West Food Store). Blacksmith shop on the right. Shortly after this year, some of the buildings were torn down

   

Scene of Oakford Main Street in 1956, looking east, from a point in front of Boeker's store.

Next
Previous

Index

Copyright 2007 Jeanie Lowe & contributors
All rights reserved
Illinois Ancestors

Home