They Left Their Mark In Oakford, 1872

Oakford School
After Addition Was Completed

Page 81

The above picture was taken after two more rooms had been added to the original structure. After the addition was completed two years of high school was installed with Elmer Hameline as the instructor for the next three years. This continued as Oakford's school until 1926 when the structure was destroyed by fire. The man in the picture is Ralph Garrett the sixth grade teacher.

Next
Previous

Index

Copyright 2007 Jeanie Lowe & contributors
All rights reserved
Illinois Ancestors

Home