LENA CEMETERY
Consisting of four acres, was laid out by S. F. Dodds in 1854, and, though burials took place from that date to the time when it was transferred to the village, July 30, 1866, no cemetery organization was perfected. It is located in the southern part of the village, handsomely laid out and platted, decorated with evergreens and ornamental shrubbery, and contains some decidedly artistic monuments. The cemetery property contains an aggregate of 368 lots, almost wholly taken up, and is under the charge of the Village Trustees.

For tombstone pictures go to: http://illinoisancestors.org/cemphotos/v/stephenson/lena/

 

 

 

©Wini Caudell and contributors

All rights reserved